In March, the COVID-19 pandemic changed our lives and forced us to evaluate how we interact with each other. While going back to normal isn’t an option right now, the need to continue with our lives safely and healthily is a priority for many of us.
Being home with our children and immediate family members may be the safest option, but it isn’t necessarily easy to do. Take a break from your back yard and play in ours. With an Alpine Slide, Segway X2 Tours, Soaring Eagle, and Mississippi River Cruises, there is a lot to do and a lot of outdoor space available to ensure social distancing can be maintained.
Good Clean Fun
Your safety is our priority. For that reason, we have put a lot of protocols in place when it comes to the outdoor activities we offer.
- We have implemented social distancing protocols and tools to assist in identifying six-foot separation when waiting in line for the Alpine Slide and Soaring Eagle.
- Face masks are required indoors in public areas. With all the wide-open space available at the resort, wearing face masks outdoors is not a requirement as long as you are maintaining social distance. If you plan on getting within 6 feet of a guest or employee a face mask is required – even outdoors.
- Cleanliness is a priority. For your convenience, we have hand sanitizer available at all public counters – both indoors and out – across the resort.
- Everything is cleaned and sanitized between riders.
- We thoroughly clean the Soaring Eagle chair and sanitize the Alpine sleds after every ride.
- Extra equipment and procedures have been put in place to minimize the handling of the sanitized slides once they are clean.
- The chair lifts are also cleaned and sanitized so you can enjoy the ride back up the hill after the exhilaration that took you down it.
- The Mississippi Explorer is thoroughly cleaned and sanitized between cruises to ensure you enjoy the beautiful riverscapes and wildlife glimpses.
- Just like our other outdoor activities, our Segway X2s are cleaned and sanitized after each use.
- Our staff will provide guidance and instructions from a safe distance as they guide you through the instructions to ensure you are secure and know how to enjoy our outdoor attractions best.
- All Chestnut employees are required to engage in frequent hand washing and must pass temperature checks upon arrival to work.
Grab a Bite
All that fresh air and outdoor fun are sure to make you hungry. Luckily, our restaurants are open and ready to serve you with new cleanliness and safety measures in place as well.
- Dine with a view – either indoors or out. Our indoor seating in The Summit features views of the Mississippi River enjoyed in a comfortable air-conditioned environment. The Sunset Grille deck is as relaxing an outdoor dining experience you won’t want to miss – especially if you are looking for one of the best sunset views in the tri-state area.
- Reservations are requested but not necessary. We know you may not be planning on staying for lunch or dinner, but time passes when you are having fun, and plans can change.
- Enjoy extra privacy and added safety when dining as our tables are at least six-foot away from each other.
- If you have a slightly larger group, we can accommodate up to 10 people at each table.
There is no need to remember all these protocols – all you need to do is bring a mask and be prepared to read and follow all posted guidelines found across the resort. To learn more about the safety protocols across the resort, including those for our overnight guests, please visit https://www.chestnutmtn.com/covid-19/.