Update on COVID-19 Summer related policies from Chestnut Mountain Resort
As Chestnut Mountain Resort Summer operations open, we understand that you may have an abundance of questions for us. We appreciate your patience for allowing us the time to gather all available data to answer as many of these as possible. Although we do not have all the answers at this point, we will continuously strive to get them all answered ASAP. One thing that can be said for sure is that Chestnut Mountain will be open this Summer, however it will look a bit different.
While we begin to prioritize the new operational policies, we want you to know the health and safety of our customers and employees will always be our top priority. We are hopeful to create a safe environment while maintaining the best customer experience you have come to know. We want you to know we did not take any of this planning lightly and that every change that is coming for the 2021 Summer Season is to help ensure we safely open on time and stay open for the entirety of the Summer Season.
The cleaning and sanitation efforts will be thorough and frequent. There will be overall occupancy limitations in all buildings as well as on chairlifts. For the non-vaccinated, face coverings are required indoors and outdoors when unable to maintain social distancing. If vaccinated, no mask is required. We strongly encourage our customers to visit our website to pre-purchase items.
We are doing our part in making Chestnut a safe and enjoyable environment for all who wish to come. However, we also know we cannot do this all on our own. We need your help to make this possible. We ask that you please take these policies seriously, wear your mask, wash your hands and please stay home if you are sick. We understand that some of you may not be comfortable with our current policies and we politely ask you to visit us at a later date when you feel you are more comfortable with our safety measures.
We will continuously update this page as a resource to our customers. We will be monitoring situations and may make changes to policies based on the most current information we have.
- Face coverings for unvaccinated people will be required in all lines
- Physical distancing requested for all lines
On January 25, 2021, the state of Illinois reduced the COVID-19 restrictions for restaurants and bars in our area. All of us at Chestnut Mountain Resort are thrilled to see life getting back to normal, however for the foreseeable future, we feel it is best to keep our indoor traffic to a minimum to protect those enjoying Chestnut Mountain Resort for their overnight stay with their family & friends for some summer fun!
- Expect significant occupancy reduction in all Chestnut buildings
- Face coverings required for unvaccinated people inside all Chestnut buildings
- Physical distancing will be mandatory in all Chestnut buildings
- Limited indoor seating availability in all restaurants
We will be following the current Illinois regulations in place. Masks required for unvaccinated people.
- Upon arrival, we ask that 1 person from your party enter to check-in to the resort for hotel stays to help avoid crowds in the lobby area
- We are unable to allow any gatherings in our hotel lobbies or restaurant entry ways.
- All employees are required to engage in frequent hand washing
- We have hand sanitizer at all public counters
- Our staff is instructed to avoid close contact and practice social distancing
- Our staff has been instructed to take extra sanitation measures when cleaning public areas and all touch points, including the cleaning of key cards.
- Our housekeepers will not enter your hotel room during your stay at our Resort. If you require special service, you may call the hotel front desk and we will be glad to assist you with your needs.
- Pool- limited capacity
- Hot Tub and Sauna currently closed
The availability of food service, pool, alpine slide, soaring eagle zipline, river cruises, mountain bikes and other amenities may be disrupted at our resort. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. You can call our resort in advance for the latest information on amenity availability at 800-397-1320.
- Face masks required for unvaccinated people at all amenities
- 6-foot social distancing is required for all amenities
- Pre-purchased tickets are strongly suggested for all amenities