Chestnut Mountain has a wide range of slopes for all skill types, whether beginners or professionals. Feel free to check out our trails and find your favorite! Beginner slopes include the Old Main, Bunny, Acorn, and Rookie’s Ridge. Meanwhile, our intermediate slopes include the Apache, Blackhawk, Bobcat, Buck, Catwalk, Chute, Crazy Horse, Fever, Fox, Geronimo, and Moser. Lastly, our advanced slopes are sure to give you the adrenaline rush you need − the Warpath, Eagle, and Mine Shaft await your board. If those are not enough, the Far Side Terrain Park has seven acres of Galena’s finest trails.
You can’t go wrong in choosing Chestnut Mountain as the place to ride, as it is the Midwest’s premier ski resort.
- Snowfall 0"
- Snow Made Yes
- Predicted High Today 36°
- Low Tonight 24°
- Base Depth 38"-56"
- Primary Surface Machine Groomed
- Secondary Surface Packed Powder
- February 3rd and 4th 9am to10pm
- February 5th 9am to 8pm
- February 6th 9am to 4pm
- February 7th and 8th 9am to 9pm
- February 9th and 10th 9am to 10pm
- Old Main
- Rookie's Ridge
- Crazy Horse
- Mine Shaft
- Freestyle Features on Lower Old Main
Chairs and Tows
- Blackhawk Triple As Needed
- Village Quad Open 9 am-10pm
- Apache Quad Open 9am-9:45pm
- Far Side Triple Open 1pm to 9:40
- Rookie's Ridge I Triple Open 9am-9:45pm
- Rookie's Ridge II Triple As Needed
- Bunny Carpet Conveyor Belt Open 9am-4pm
- Park Place Handle Tow Closed
- Powder Pup Magic Closed
- Soaring Eagle Closed