Chestnut Mountain has a wide range of slopes for all skill types, whether beginners of professionals. Feel free to check out our trails and find your favorite! Beginner slopes include the Old Main, Bunny, Acorn, and Rookie’s Ridge. Meanwhile, our intermediate slopes include the Apache, Blackhawk, Bobcat, Buck, Catwalk, Chute, Crazy Horse, Fever, Fox, Geronimo, and Moser. Lastly, our advanced slopes are sure to give you the adrenaline rush you need − the Warpath, Eagle, and Mine Shaft await your board. If those are not enough, the Far Side Terrain Park has seven acres of Galena’s finest trails.
You can’t go wrong in choosing Chestnut Mountain as the place to ride, as it is the Midwest’s premier ski resort.
Chestnut Mountain Condition: Slope Report
- Snowfall 0" in the last 24 hrs.
- Snow Made 0" in the last 24 hrs.
- Predicted High Today 31°
- Low Tonight 14°
- Base Depth 42"- 66"
- Primary Surface Machine Groomed
- Secondary Surface Loose Granular
- Sundays 9am - 9pm
- Mondays and Tuesdays 9am - 4pm
- Wednesdays and Thursdays 9am - 9pm
- Fridays 9am - 11pm
- Saturdays 9am - 10pm
- Mondays - Thursdays in March 10am - 6pm
- Fridays & Saturdays in March 9am - 9pm
- Sundays Beginning March 8th 9am - 4pm
- Old Main
- Rookie's Ridge
- Powder Pup Park
- Crazy Horse
- Mine Shaft
- The Far Side
- Park Place
- Freestyle Features on Old Main
Chairs and Tows
- Blackhawk Triple As needed
- Village Quad 9am - 9pm
- Apache Quad 9am - 8pm
- Far Side Triple 10am - 8pm
- Rookie's Ridge I Triple 9am - 7pm
- Rookie's Ridge II Triple As needed
- Bunny Carpet Conveyor Belt Run open lift closed
- Park Place Handle Tow Run open lift closed
- Powder Pup Magic As needed
- Soaring Eagle Closed